The new release of the iFi-audio.com mobile DAC product Nano iDSD BL (Black Label) is so impressive I can’t do it justice here without writing a treatise.
Suffice to say this small gem of a product provides anyone (at a great price for everyone) with a solution to any and all types of high quality digital recordings, whether they be downloaded, ripped or streaming from popular sites like TIDAL, Spotify or Apple Music.
I’ve had and used the original Nano iDSD product from iFi for several years now. It’s been upgraded several times and the latest incarnation known as Black Label now supports MQA!
It’s retailing in the US on Amazon right now for $199 as well as other outlets.
What does this DAC do for you?
- Plays 1-bit DSD (up to DSD256) without PCM conversion (ie, native DSD!)
- Plays MQA up to 24/384k encoded masters
- Provides up to 10hrs of battery to operate on the go
- Connects to your iPhone or Android to play music including STREAMING without using the phone battery to operate
- Will stream MQA from places offering it like TIDAL today and many more tomorrow
- Includes the iFi heralded iPurifier as a built-in protection against interference and noise on the USB connection
- Supports true balanced headphones with a separate output and lots of power
- Provides headphone amplification giving you plenty of volume headroom on smartphone use
- Uses an analog volume control (dial) for the highest level of sound quality and convenience
- Provides easy LED color indicators identifying the exact type of music (PCM, DSD, MQA) being played and its bit rate.
There are no doubt many more reasons this could be a very good affordable solution both at home via computer, with laptop, or with a smartphone to gain a future proof approach to high quality recording playback.
Take a look at their website and documents to read more about the Nano iDSD BL!